I typically only buy games on Steam every six months, during the summer and winter sales, when Gabe opens the floodgates.
Here’s what I’ve picked up this time around:
- Fallout 4 Season Pass (to keep feeding my current addiction)
- Fallout: New Vegas (I must know more!)
- State of Decay: Year One Edition
- Quake IV
- Virtual Pool 4
- Painkiller Complete Pack
- Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
- Worms W.M.D.
- Some odd bits of Dishonored and Dying Light DLC
Enjoy the £80 I didn’t expect to spend, Gabe! How much of this will remain gathering virtual dust in my library? Hopefully none of it…
I need to drag myself away from Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 (and give Fallout 4 a rest) long enough to play some of these games. Ha.
Painkiller is particularly interesting, my only memory of this is playing the demo (remember those?) many years ago, loving the stake gun. My PC at the time struggled, so the full game was never purchased. Based on this happy memory alone, I’ve plonked down £12 for all of it. Curse you Steam!
Also of note during this sale, but not tempting enough for me to purchase:
- Planet Coaster (this has time sink written all over it)
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (put off by the talk of difficulty)
- Far Cry Primal (yet to work my way through every other Far Cry)
- DiRT Rally (so many driving games already on my backlog)
Some stuff I own already and feel the need to draw attention to:
- Borderlands: Game of the Year (tiny price for so much content)
- Borderlands 2: Game of the Year (tiny price for even more Borderlands)
- Prey (recent release I have a soft spot for, reviewed by me here)
- Tomb Raider (2013): Game of the Year (so much fun)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (expands on the reboot brilliantly)
- Don’t Starve (which will be the least of your problems)
- Steam Link (with a decent enough PC, this is £12 to play Steam games on a TV, with the controller of your choice)
The sale ends on 5th July, don’t feel that fear of missing out when it’s gone, just buy that game right now. You know you want to. Hmm, about Planet Coaster…